Are you looking for ways to reduce the chances of getting vandalized while on vacation? Here at Your Insurance Attorney, our team of experts is here to make sure you have the information you need to keep your home safe. We take pride in being one of the best insurance attorney Miami residents can count on.
Dealing With Theft and Vandalism Claims?
As many attorneys have learned from their clients, having your home vandalized or robbed can be one of the most stressful forms of damage that can be done. It usually happens when you are not there, so arriving at your home only to find destruction and missing items can be incredibly alarming. In addition to this, you may not know if your home insurance covers all of the damage. Our property damage attorney at Your Insurance Attorney can assist with your insurance claim.
Several examples of vandalism include:
- Slashing Tires
- Spray paint/graffiti
- Computer viruses
- Breaking windows
Our Vandalism Is Here To Help
The majority of theft and/or vandalism cases are covered under your homeowner’s insurance policy. It is up to you, the policyholder, to make sure that the authorities have all the necessary and accurate information pertaining to your theft and/or vandalism claim. Should you later discover further theft or vandalism than what was originally reported, contact the authorities, as well as your insurance provider and inform them immediately of the new findings.
Being prepared for each and every scenario will help you rest easier throughout your theft/vandalism insurance claim process. In the case that your business is affected by theft and/or vandalism, you as a business owner may also qualify for a business interruption insurance claim.
Tips To Protect Your Home on Vacation
- Keep your home well lit. Mount exterior lights out of reach of would-be burglars in your yard or on your house. Put indoor lights on a timer so that they go on and off at appropriate times, making it look as if the house is inhabited.
- Make the house look inhabited. Leave blinds or curtains open in their usual position. Put indoor lights on a timer. If you are going to be away for an extended period, arrange to have your lawn mowed in the summer, and your driveway shoveled in the winter.
- Arrange to have mail picked up or held by the post office. Stop newspaper deliveries and ask a neighbor to pick-up “throw-away” circulars.
- Ask a neighbor for help. Ask a neighbor you trust to keep an eye on your home while you are gone. You may also want to tell your local police you will be away.
- Only tell people you know and trust that you are going away. Be careful not to discuss your vacation plans at the supermarket or hairdresser or other public places where you don’t know who may be listening.
Insurance Attorney Miami
Make sure you are fully informed when it comes to dealing with a vandalism lawyer. You never know when you may need one. If your home has been damaged through some type of water damage, you have likely filed a claim with your insurance company.
This can often take quite a bit of time, and some insurance claims even get denied or paid insufficiently, which is unsatisfying and can seem unfair. As an insurance lawyer locals trust, we don’t sit around waiting to see how your insurance company is going to help you, we talk directly with them and let them know what exactly you are entitled to.
Best of all you incur no fees unless you win! Call our property damage lawyer today for more information. We are located in Miami-Dade County.