How much do you know about the Right To Repair Act in Florida? This information is essential when it comes to the world of construction. Here at Your Insurance Attorney, our team of law professionals is here to make sure you have everything you need to know. You can count on our insurance claim lawyer to help all across Miami-Dade County.
What Is This Act?
The Repair Act gives both parties the opportunity to settle disputes privately. Some of the benefits of the statute include reducing the cost and time of litigation, protecting the rights of property owners, and providing an alternative to lawsuits. Since construction defects can range from minor to complex, we highly recommend a Florida construction attorney to understand the intricate details of the statute and to receive the full benefits of the statue.
Construction defects are very common disputes in the construction industry. A construction defect is when a project fails to meet applicable standards due to some deficiency in the design, materials, and workmanship of a project leading to the failure of some aspect of the project. This failure can have a huge financial impact on the project owner who will more than likely seek remedy for the defect by filing a notice of claim.
Commonly Asked Questions About Right to Repair
- What does it do?
- Right to Repair is simple. It requires manufacturers to provide owners and independent repair businesses with fair access to service information and affordable replacement parts. So you can fix the stuff you own quickly—and get back on with your life.
- Who would be against that?
- Well, manufacturers like John Deere and Apple don’t like the idea. When your tractor breaks or your cell phone stops working, they want to be the only people who can fix it. And they get to set whatever prices they want for parts and service.
- Is this a new concept?
- No! We already have the right to repair for cars—that’s why you can take your Ford into a local mechanic. They have all the same software diagnostics and service manuals that the dealerships have. This is the result of decades of auto Right to Repair legislation—laws that have been a resounding success.
- How can I get involved?
- It’s time to fight for your right to repair and defend local repair jobs—the corner mom-and-pop repair shops that keep getting squeezed out. Write or call your legislator. Tell them you support the Fair Repair Act. Tell them that you believe repair should be fair, affordable, and accessible. Stand up for your right to repair in Florida!
Insurance Claim Lawyer
Get all the information you need when it comes to the Right to Repair Act in Florida. You never know when you may need one. If your home has been damaged through some type of water damage, you have likely filed a claim with your insurance company.
This can often take quite a bit of time, and some insurance claims even get denied or paid insufficiently, which is unsatisfying and can seem unfair.
As an insurance lawyer locals trust, we don’t sit around waiting to see how your insurance company is going to help you, we talk directly with them and let them know what exactly you are entitled to. Best of all you incur no fees unless you win! Call our insurance claim lawyer today for more information. We are located in Miami-Dade County.