Water damage can come from a number of different causes, but regardless of where it comes from, the results can be devastating for your business. When you’re faced with water damage, the best thing you can do is search for a “property damage attorney near me” to help you receive the compensation you deserve from your insurance company.
We at Your Insurance Attorney in Coconut Grove have helped to provide an insurance claim lawyer for many homeowners in the Miami area with their water damage claims, and we understand how insurance companies work.
The best solution, though, is not to deal with water damage at all. While some cases are unavoidable, we want to share with you some of the most common causes of water damage in commercial areas so that you can prepare for these circumstances.
Most Common Causes of Water Damage in Florida
Knowing the common causes of water damage in your area is the first step to preparing for when disaster strikes. Here are the things you should look out for:
- Hurricanes and Storm Surges:
- Hurricane season is a real thing here in Florida, and the resulting damage can be catastrophic. Impact glass windows are a great investment for Florida businesses, as they can stand against some of the harshest winds and flying debris, but steel shutters can also help protect those windows as well. The biggest source of water damage after a hurricane, though, is flooding. There’s little one can do to prepare for flooding, but if you live in an area prone to it, you’ll need special flood insurance to cover any damages.
- Broken Pipes and Sewage Backups:
- A pipe that bursts may seem spontaneous, but there may be indicating factors you can look out for. Watch for unusual behavior with your drains, such as drainage slowing, or if you hear abnormal water flowing when no water is turned on. Another indication could be foul odors, particularly for the risk of sewage backups. If you notice something unusual, get maintenance help as soon as possible.
- Malfunctioning Appliances:
- Any appliance that uses a lot of water, such as a water heater, could end up releasing a lot of that water if the appliance is failing. These can be sudden, but listen to the machine for abnormalities. Try and have your machine’s checked out on a semi-frequent basis, such as biannually, to ensure it’s functioning smoothly.
Search For a “Property Damage Attorney Near Me”
Regardless of the type of claim you file, you’ll be dealing with an insurance company. The reality about insurance companies is that they don’t care about your needs as a consumer. Instead, they’re concerned with ensuring their pockets are as full as possible while spending as little as possible on you.
After you’ve filed an insurance claim, an insurance adjuster will show up to check out the damages, and they’ll use their better understanding of the law to cheat you. This means that they’ll use their knowledge to underestimate the value of the damages or replacement costs with the goal of reducing the expenses paid by the insurance company.
This is why locating an insurance claim lawyer is so important. Like how the insurance adjuster will focus on their client, so will your attorney–ensuring you receive the best value for the repairs and replacements you need to put quality above everything else.
They understand the ins and outs of the legal process regarding claims, and because of that, they’ll be able to fight the knowledge held by insurance adjusters and work to get you the compensation you deserve.
Insurance Claim Lawyer
If you’re now planning to search for a “property damage attorney near me” in Miami, contact us at Your Insurance Attorney.
Our experienced lawyers will work to fight for your rights and not the wallets of the insurance company you’re facing. Located in Coconut Grove, we can help clients in need throughout the Miami area.