The weather in Florida can get very overwhelming, especially during the summertime. This is why it is essential to make sure that you have all the information when it comes to homeowners insurance coverage. When your house gets damaged by a storm, will you be covered? The experts at Your Insurance Attorney is here to help. Our insurance lawyer is sure to get you the answer you seek!
Most Common Causes of Weather Damage
The most common causes of a winter storm or weather damage include:
- Hail Damage
- Roof Damage
- Water Damage
- Sewer Back-Up
- Freezing Pipes
- Fallen Trees – There are many reasons a tree might fall, and whether or not it caused damage to the property becomes vital for the purpose of paying a claim. Different policies offer different types of coverage.
- Ice dams forming on the roof
- Weight of snow and ice on the roof causing damage
- Wind damage (which can include fallen trees and shingles or bricks flying off buildings and roofs)
- Loss or displacement due to power failure (which may consist of food loss, depending on your type of policy)
- Flooding due to melting snow, a sudden thaw, or excessive rainfall
- Water infiltration into the home. This may or may not be covered depending on how the damage is happening. Always call to find out what you might be eligible for.
Although not all damages are covered by standard insurance, most of the above items are.
The major exception to most policies is flood damage. The home insurance company does not usually cover flood damage in the United States; you can find out more about national flood insurance on the FEMA website.
Does your Homeowners Insurance Coverage get your back?
In entering into a contract with the insurance company, also known as your policy, you’ve agreed to keep them aware of circumstances that might impact liability. Do not try and solve the issue by yourself, in doing so, you may create a problem for your own insurance coverage. Your insurance representative is in the best position to explain how you are covered and what they will do to help you in the situation.
You can count on our team of professionals to help you with your claim. We want to make sure you get your damaged covered! Weather damage often destroys homes, and when owners try to ask their insurance for money to cover the damages, these insurance companies try to wiggle out of the situation and avoid paying the person.
This is when the customer needs a lawyer to fix this problem. Usually, the insurance company will try to use the policy against the customer, but a lawyer can help with this common tactic.
Make sure you are fully informed when it comes to your homeowner’s insurance coverage. You never know when you may need it. If your home has been damaged through some type of water damage, you have likely filed a claim with your insurance company.
This can often take quite a bit of time, and some insurance claims even get denied or paid insufficiently, which is unsatisfying and can seem unfair. As an insurance lawyer locals trust, we don’t sit around waiting to see how your insurance company is going to help you, we talk directly with them and let them know what exactly you are entitled to. Best of all you incur no fees unless you win! Call our insurance claims adjuster today for more information. We are located in Miami-Dade County.